GO BACK TO
THE PREVIOUS PAGE
• The Exhibition will be conducted in accordance with the rules of the PSA and FIAP.
• Before you participate in the contest, make sure that you carefully read the contest rules and conditions and the instructions. Please ensure that the photos you send to the contest meet the criteria.
• This exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the Sponsor or the Exhibition Organizers, in their reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and these Conditions of Entry. Membership in any photographic organization is not required.
• Participants can enter in each section of the contest up to 4 (four) photos. Color and / or monohorome versions of the same photo or the same photo cannot be submitted to more than one section.
• Participants can participate in the contest with the scanned images on the analog photographs as well as with digital photographs. Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally.
• An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
• All submitted photos must have been taken by the participant. The entire legal responsibility of copyright infringement that may arise if the images of someone else is used as it is or partially belongs to the participant. On the photograph that he sent to the contest, the violation of the rule is applied about the person who makes all kinds of interventions and changes in order to show him/her as his/her own even though the work is not his/her own and to mislead the evaluation committee. The awards, titles and all kinds of achievements of the participants who are found to have violated the rules are taken back. The space of the award that has been canceled is left blank. The situation is reported to FIAP. If the awarded prize has already been delivered to the participant, it must be returned.
The photographers who are restricted by TFSF and are on the FIAP’s red list, cannot participate in this contest. Entries will not be accepted from any entrant who is currently sanctioned by PSA.
• Sanctions under Article 13 of the “TFSF National and International Competition Regulatory Standards Directive” are applied to persons who violate the rules. Awards, titles and all kinds of achievements of the participant are taken back. The location of the award that has been canceled is left blank. The situation is reported to FIAP. If the awarded prize has already been delivered to the participant, it must be returned.
• By virtue of submitting an image, the entrant certifies the work as his or her own (Images may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else (for example: clip art, images or art by others downloaded from the Internet). Aliases are not allowed. The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright.
Alteration and Computer Generation Subject to Divisional restrictions (particularly Nature, Photo Travel, and Photojournalism) images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Adjustments to enhance images or creatively modify images are allowed providing the underlying photograph is retained in a way that is obvious to the viewer. Images may not be constructed entirely with a computer and must be the sole work of the author. All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
Re-use of accepted images: Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, any identical image, or near identical image, may not, in future, be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title; may not be re-titled for entry into any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
• By participating in a contest with FIAP patronage, the participant, regardless of whether he/she is a FIAP member or not, will be deemed to have previously accepted that the photographs sent to the contest can be determined in accordance with FIAP rules and definitions; FIAP can do this research using all the possibilities and techniques it has. In the event that the participant does not provide the necessary information requested from him/her, does not give the original file taken with the camera or does not cooperate with FIAP for the solution of the problem, the participant is banned by FIAP on the grounds that he violated the rule and his name is displayed in every way. It is recommended that the EXIF data of the photos submitted to the contest is kept intact to facilitate possible investigations.
• The organizer may request the original files of the photographs that have been awarded and / or accepted.
• All participants will be informed by e-mail of a result of the contest.
• The awards of all winners will be sent to their addresses by mail. SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB or IFSAK will not be held responsible if the prizes sent are damaged or lost in the mail.
• The contest is open to everyone, but the organizer has the right not to accept applications that it deems not complied with this photo contest rules and conditions.
• The photos of a participant will not be shown to the jury altogether. Four photographs of the participant will come to the jury separately for each section. During this distribution, the submission sequence of the photos by the participant will be taken into consideration.
• The participants who do not accept their photographs to be exhibited or to be shown in a photo show after the contest, will be eliminated from the contest.
• Each photo must have a name. Once a photo has been accepted into a PSA approved contest, in camera or reproduction copy of that photo or photo cannot enter another contest in the Division Star Ratings class of PSA - including translation - cannot participate in another name.
• The color and monochorome versions of the same photograph should be named with the same name.
• A photo cannot be called “Untitled” or “No Title” or “No Name”.
• A photo that will participate in the Star classifications of PSA must be entered in only one of the sections of the competition.
• PSA reserves the right to review complaints, suspicious status notifications, violations of the rules in the specification, and to cancel the acceptance and rewards, if necessary, that it does not comply with the PSA requirements. PSA also reports such situations to FIAP. The participant is deemed to have accepted these conditions and to assist in any investigation by participating in this contest.
BREACHES OF RULES:
By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms:
- that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP,
- that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking,
- that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP,
- that in case of sanctions following the noncompliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules.
It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations. If, at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) the images are the original work of the entrant and
b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry
These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations
PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
If another party is submitting images on the entrant’s behalf, the entrant will still be held responsible for adhering to these Conditions of Entry (Entry Rules) and will be subject to sanction for any violations to these Conditions of Entry and PSA’s Statement of Ethics that may result.
PSA Star Ratings:
To receive proper Star ratings credit from PSA, entrants must provide their names and country exactly the same in each exhibition. Aliases are not permitted. Please contact PSA in the event of name changes or relocating to another country.
When an entrant fills in the Entry Form to submit an entry the entrant will see a feature to affirm he or she has read these Conditions of Entry when he or she fills out the entry form. If the entrant does not so affirm the entry will not be submitted.
“I hereby expressly agree to FIAP document 018/2017 « Conditions and regulations for FIAP Patronage » and FIAP document 017/2017 « Sanctions for breaching FIAP regulations and the red list ». I am particularly aware of chapter II « Regulations for International photographic events under FIAP patronage » of FIAP document 018/2017, dealing under Section II.2 and II.3 with the FIAP participation rules, the sanctions for breaching FIAP regulations and the red list.
PSA Statement on Subject Matter:
There is one hard and fast rule, whose spirit must be observed at all times and applies to all sections offered in PSA recognised exhibitions.
The welfare of the subject is more important than the photograph.
This means that practices such as baiting of subjects with a living creature and removal of birds from nests, for the purpose of obtaining a photograph, are highly unethical, and such photographs are not allowed in any PSA exhibitions.
There is also a PSA policy on the use of aerial photography - aircraft, helicopters and drones. This policy can be found at https://psa-photo.org/index.php?psa-policies#drone.
The purpose of this policy is to prevent any interference with other individuals or animals which will or may cause a disturbance in their normal activity or disrupt the way any individuals or animals interact with their environment. Entry in this exhibition requires exhibitors to agree to this and other PSA policies
The content of images must comply with these General Conditions and with the Division and Section definitions listed in these conditions. Images that - in the sole opinion of the judges or the Exhibition Organizers - do not comply are likely to be disqualified so the entrant may be aware of the problem when considering entry into other PSA recognized exhibitions.
PUBLICATION AND COPYRIGHT (USE) RIGHT:
• The awarded and accepted photos will be stored in the SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB archive, provided that the names of the photographers are specified. SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB will have the right to use them in all kinds of news broadcasting, promotional and social responsibility projects. No royalties will be paid (no name can be used in graphical works such as collage with photos). The right of use of the works will be with the owner of the work and SUADİYE ROTARY CLUB.
• All sides of the image must be photographed by the participant and the participant must be the copyright owner of all the works he/she submits.
• The participant is the owner of the work pursuant to the Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works (“FSEK”) and other relevant legal regulations, and that all works (“Artifacts”) he/she created, belonging to him/her, belong to all his/her rights; The work is an original work; within the scope of the legislation that he owns works alone. The participant accepts, declares and consents that his/her Artifact maybe used in all or a part of Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club, Rotary 2420 District Federation, IFSAK and TFSF on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other social media channels) accounts and / or in all kinds of media that will determined unilaterally by Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club. The participant will not claim any royalties or any other fees for such uses.
• The participant accepts, declares and undertakes that the work he / she sent submitted to the contest is entirely his/her own and that all necessary permissions have been obtained. The participant also accepts, declares and undertakes that third parties have no right on his/her photos, he/she will be the direct addressee of any request from any third parties and is/will be responsible to third parties; In the event that the Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or İFSAK is in any way damaged due to any liability, having to make any payment, and using the artifact, the participant accepts, declares and undertakes by reading and accepting this rule that he/she will compensate Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or IFSAK’s loss immediately, in cash and in advance. Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or IFSAK will not be responsible for any disputes that may arise in this regard.
• In accordance with the purpose of the contest, the participant gives permission to use the submitted works in a printed or digital catalog. If the participant specifically declares that he/she has not given this permission, then it will be acted according to copyright laws.
• According to the rules of the contest, the reproduction of the works is allowed to be included in the printed or digital catalog, unless explicitly prohibited by the owner. In this regard, the rules on copyright must be followed. Under no circumstances does SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB allows the use of photographs for other purposes.
• The organizer assumes that the people who appear on the photos that are submitted to the contest, allow their photos to be taken and sent to a contest, and to publish the photo on the internet and in printed media. Therefore, all responsibility regarding the disputes that may arise due to the aforementioned uses belongs to the participant.
• Lists of the photographs that will receive awards, honorable mentions and acceptance will be published on the websites www.suadiyerotary.org/photo-contest-1 and www.ifsak.org.tr . Suadiye Rotary Club’s Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc.) In addition, the list of photos that will receive awards and honorable mentions and the photos that will be accepted, will be published on the websites www.tfsf.org.tr and www.tfsfonayliyarismalar.org and on the Social Media (Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.) accounts of TFSF and the TFSF publication will take place in Almanak 2021.
• The photos that will receive no awards and acceptance in the contest will be deleted in 90 (ninety) days from the date of the Result Notification Date.
• The photos will be presented to the jury in a completely darkened hall, with a 4096 pixel x 2160 pixel projector, on a screen of at least 1 and a maximum of 2.5 m diagonal length or on a 42/55 inch LCD monitor with ultra HD 4K 4096 pixel x 2160 pixel resolution.
• If it is objectionable for the jury to meet in a room due to the special conditions of Covid-19, the voting will be done online, using our contest software suitable for these conditions.
• In matters not specified in the rules and conitions or in cases that cannot be understood, the decisions of the President of the Contest and the TFSF Board of Directors and the TFSF U/UA Competition Regulation Standards Directives will apply.
• The participants are deemed to have accepted the conditions of the competition by signing up to http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak and uploading their photos. The rules and conditions come into force when the participant submits the photos to the contest. Upon participation, the competitors are deemed to have read and accepted the provisions of the rules and conditions. The participants do not have the right to object to the provisions of these rules and conditions afterwards.
After the contest by the end of February 2021, a digital album with the lists of awards, honorable mentions and accepted photographs will be prepared and published on www.suadiyerotary.org/photo-contest-1 and www.ifsak.org.tr .
By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition (TFSF, GPU, PSA, FIAP). You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
NAMING AND SUBMITTING WORKS:
• No alternative submissions (e-mail, cargo, hand delivery etc.) will be accepted as the contest is being held according to the online photo system.
• Submission of the contest photos online will only be to the http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak by following the membership and photo submission instructions.
• The photographs to be uploaded must be without a matting and margin. Regarding the identity of the participant on the photograph such as name, signature, logo, date etc. should not be in place.
• The photographs that will participate in the contest should be recorded in jpg / JPEG format, 150-300 dpi resolution, 7-12 compression quality and the files should not be less than 1 MB and should not exceed 4 MB.
• Since the projector to be used in the jury evaluation is 4096 x 2160 pixels, the long edge of the photographs to be sent should be maximum 4096 pixels and the short edge should be maximum 2160 pixels. Photos above these sizes will not be able to be uploaded to the system, and the system will be asked to upload the correct size photos.
• Each image must have a unique title. That unique title must be used for entry of that image or of an Identical Image into any and all PSA-Recognized exhibitions. Titles must be 35 characters or fewer. No titles may be visible to the judges, and nothing in the image may identify the maker. Titles must not include file extensions such as .jpg or .jpeg (or any other camera capture filenames), or words such as "untitled" or "no title". Titles may not consist solely of numbers.
• While naming the photographs, the characters Ç, Ğ, İ, Ö, Ş, Ü, ç, ı, ğ, ö, ş, ü should not be used. Only English letters and underscores (_) can be used.
• In case of any errors arising from the system or the user at the stage of participating in the contest through the http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak link over the internet, the problem will be resolved in a short time and the participant will be informed if information is given by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Sending photos to this address, does not provide participation in the contest.
• The jury cannot see the name of the work or the participant in any way.
• SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB or IFSAK will not be responsible for possible problems that may arise from uploading the photos.
• An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images will be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
TFSF Approval No: 2021-02
FIAP Approval No: 2021-026
PSA Approval No: 2021-1053
GPU Approval No: L210012-M4G
This contest has the patronages of TFSF, GPU, PSA and FIAP. Acceptions and awards received can be used in GPU, PSA and FIAP distinction and star applications.
GO BACK TO
THE PREVIOUS PAGE