GO BACK TO
THE PREVIOUS PAGE
ISTANBUL SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB – IFSAK 2nd International Photo Contest Entry Rules
DESCRIPTION OF THE CONTEST:
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club - IFSAK 2nd International Photo Contest is open to all amateur and professional photography enthusiasts, Rotary, Rotaract, Interact members from all over the world. It is an IFSAK, TFSF, PSA and FIAP approved contest with ROTARY special awards.
“Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club - IFSAK 2nd International Photo Contest” is organized by Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club with the support of Istanbul Photography and Cinema Amateurs Association (IFSAK).
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club – IFSAK 2nd International Photo Contest will be in Digital category and will consist of 4 (four) sections.
1- Digital: Open Color> DC (PID Color Class)
2- Digital: Open Monochrome> DM (PID Monochrome Class)
3- Digital Theme: Nature (Color or Monochrome)> PSA ND
4- Digital Theme: Serve to Change Lives (Color only)> RF (PID Color Class)
THE CONTEST CALENDAR:
Contest Start Date: (After FIAP and PSA approvals)
Closing Date: January 10th, 2022, Monday, at 23.59 (TSI)
The Last Selection Committee Meeting: January 29th, 2022, Saturday
Notification of Results: February 7th, 2022, Monday
The results will be published on www.suadiyerotary.org, www.tfsf.org.tr , https://www.ifsak.org.tr/istanbul-suadiye-rotary-ifsak-2nd-photo-contest/
Result cards will also be sent to the participants via e-mail.
Award Ceremony and Exhibition Date: February 26th, 2022, Saturday at 16:00 Exhibition Hall (to be informed)
EDAS will be submitted to PSA by: March 1st, 2022, Tuesday
Awards will be mailed by: Aprill 1st, 2022, Friday
Digital Catalog Publication: End of April 2022.
AWARDS and EXHIBITION (For each section):
FIAP : INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY ART FEDERATION (Fédération Internationale de l’Art Photographique)
• FIAP Gold Medal
• FIAP Silver Medal
• FIAP Bronze Medal
• FIAP Mention (6 pieces)
FIAP Best Photographer Award (Will be given to the photographer with the most acceptance and award in total).
PSA: AMERICAN INTERNATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY FEDERATION (Photographic Society of America Worldwide)
• PSA Gold Medal
• PSA Silver Medal
• PSA Bronze Medal
• PSA Mention (6 pieces)
TFSF: TURKEY FEDERATION OF ART OF PHOTOGRAPHY
• TFSF Gold Medal
IFSAK - ISTANBUL PHOTO AND CINEMA AMATEURS’ ASSOCIATION
• IFSAK Gold Medal
• IFSAK Silver Medal
• IFSAK Bronze Medal
• IFSAK Honorary Mention (6)
İSTANBUL SUADİYE ROTARY CLUB
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Gold Medal
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Silver Medal
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Bronze Medal
Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Special Award (Will be given to the photographer with the most acceptance and award in total). *
* Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Special Award: Hotel Club Phokaia Foca, Izmir, Turkey (www.mwphokaia.co) in June or September 2022 (except July and August). The hotel reservation should be made in at least one month in advance, depending on room availability during those months, 7 nights full board in standard room (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner included- drinks are not included). This award will be given to the winner as an invitation letter.
Note: Other expenses related to transportation to the hotel will be covered by the participant who wins the accommodation award. For the accommodation date and room booking, the hotel must be contacted at least one month in advance. Accommodation must be used at once as consequtive days. The awards may only be used by the Participant who has won the prize. The participants cannot claim the monetary value instead of using the prize.
• ACCEPTANCE: (minimum 5% per category, maximum 25%)
1. Romain Nero FIAP Patronage Service Director
2. Joanne Stolte President of Photographic Alliance of America, PSA Journal PID News,
3. Buket Ozatay Photographer EFIAP/d1, EPSA, R.ISF5, M.ICS
4. Berna Kuleli. IFSAK Int'l Relations Director
5. Alev Mehmet Ozgul Photographer (AFIAP)
Salon chairman: Yusuf Biton IFSAK International Relations co-Director,
FIAP Liaison Officer, Turkey
CONTEST ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE:
Ziya SADI İstanbul Suadiye Rotary Club President
• Yusuf BITON IFSAK International Relations co-Director,
FIAP Liaison Officer, Turkey
Salon Chairman : firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: While filling in the application form on http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak, the participant must click of the box confirming that he/she has read the rules and conditions of the contest. Without that, he/she cannot participate in the contest.
This contest has been approved by Istanbul Photography and Cinema Amateurs Association (IFSAK), Photographic Arts Federation of Turkey (TFSF), Worldwide Photographic Society of America (PSA) and the Fédération Internationale de l'Art Photographique (FIAP).
FEE OF THE CONTEST:
• Participation fee is mandatory for all participants. For the total of 4 sections of the contest, the following fees are required:
The entry fee is 25 USD or 200 TL (for Turkish citizens only) for 4 sections.
Groups of 10 people will have 10%, groups of 30 or more people will have 20% discount. Please contact email@example.com for group discounts.
IFSAK members will benefit from the maximum group discount, which is 20% (club annuity must be fully paid to IFSAK at the date of submission).
• If you will be paying the contest fee via PayPal, you must pay by accessing http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak where the application form of this contest is. At the end of the entry form there is a payment page. Please click the PayPal option. You will be directed to PayPal payment page. On thePayPal page, there is also the option to pay by credit card for those who do not have a PayPal account.
• In Turkey, those who wish to pay by credit card and in Turkish lira (TL), they can pay through Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club’s web page https://suadiyerotary.org . While making the contest applications from http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak , those who will be paying with a credit card, should click on the "Credit Card" button instead of "PayPal"
Those who will be paying by bank transfer, can make a transfer to one of the following IBAN numbers. Total of the bank transfer charge must be borne by the payer. Applications with incomplete payments will not be processed and no refund will be made. Those who will be making money transfer to one of the IBAN numbers, must click on “cash” instead of “PayPal” when making their applications through http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak .
US Dollar Transfers:
IBAN: TR14 0006 7010 0000 0072 0051 77 .
Bank Name: Yapi Kredi Bank
Beneficiary Name: SUADIYE ROTARY KULUBU DERNEGI
Turkish Lira Transfers: (only for Turkish citizens)
IBAN no. TR06 0006 7010 0000 0072 2676 09
Bank Name: Yapi Kredi Bank
Beneficiary Name: SUADIYE ROTARY KULUBU DERNEGI
The name and surname of the participating photographer must be written in the “explanation” section of the payments. The photographs of the participants who do not fully pay the fee will not be evaluated.
NAMING AND SUBMITTING WORKS:
• No alternative submissions (e-mail, cargo, hand delivery etc.) will be accepted as the contest is being held according to the online photo system.
• Submission of the contest photos online will only be to the http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak by following the membership and photo submission instructions.
• The photographs to be uploaded must be without a matting and margin. Regarding the identity of the participant on the photograph such as name, signature, logo, date etc. should not be in place.
• The photographs that will participate in the contest should be recorded in jpg / JPEG format, 300 dpi resolution, 10-12 compression quality and the files should not be less than 1 MB.
• While naming the photographs, the characters Ç, Ğ, İ, Ö, Ş, Ü, ç, ı, ğ, ö, ş, ü should not be used. Only English letters and underscores (_) can be used. The name shall be 35 characters or less.
• In case of any errors arising from the system or the user at the stage of participating in the contest through the http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak link over the internet, the problem will be resolved in a short time and the participant will be informed if information is given by contacting
• Sending photos to this address does not provide participation in the contest.
• Regardless of with which name the photos are uploaded, the system will automatically give a code number and they will be evaluated with these codes. The jury cannot see the name of the work or the participant in any way.
• SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB or IFSAK will not be responsible for possible problems that may arise from uploading the photos.
DEFINITIONS OF SECTIONS:
Monochorome and Nature photographs must conform to the definition of FIAP and PSA. Whereas, “Serve to Change Lives” section photographs must be in line with Rotary’s below definition that reflects its volunteer services worldwide.
FIAP definition of Monochrome
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
PSA Monochrome Definition
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of grey which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
FIAP/PSA Nature Definition
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation.
The story telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality
Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves.
Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible.
Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping
Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning.
Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed.
Stitched images are not permitted.
Color images can be converted to greyscale monochrome.
Infrared images, either direct-captures or derivations, are not allowed.
Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
“Serve To Change Lives” Section Definition
The theme 'Serve To Change Lives', is encouraging the members of Rotary around the world to seize the many opportunities Rotary offers to enrich the lives of the communities in which they serve.
As the participant of this contest, we are requested to withness the moment with your camera while the members of Rotary Clubs in your hometown or in any other place where you can travel, are opening opportunities for the people in need.
All you need to do is to contact one of the 35,000 Rotary clubs located in thousands of towns in the world and ask them to invite you to their community projects. It is so easy to find them by a quick search on the internet.
You will basically help all the people who will have an access to your photo to recognize and see through it the Rotary projects exemplifying how the projects are in Rotary; a sustainable endeavor that aligns with one of Rotary’s areas of focus (see below) and that is designed in cooperation with the community to address a real need. These photos of noteworthy projects will demonstrate how the volunteers of Rotary Clubs in every country can leverage the resources of the “lucky people” to do good in the world.
If/when possible, try and cover a Rotary logo/sign in your photo and always add the name of the Rotary Club in the name of the photo, which was giving the community service in the photo.
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary's people of action have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.
What Does ROTARY Do?
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our 35,000+ clubs work together for:
Areas of Focus:
Providing clean water, sanitation, and hygiene
Saving mothers and children’s health
Supporting basic education and literacy
Growing local economies/small businesses
For more details, please visit www.rotary.org
• Before you participate in the contest, make sure that you carefully read the contest rules and conditions and the instructions. Please ensure that the photos you send to the contest meet the criteria.
• The contest is open to all amateur or professional photographers. Salon chaiman, the members of the jurys and TFSF representatives and their immediate relatives cannot participate in the contest.
• Participants can enter in each section of the contest with 4 (four) photos. Color and / or monohorome versions of the same photo or the same photo cannot be submitted to more than one section.
• Participants can participate in the contest with the scanned images on the analog photograps as well as with digital photograps.
• All submitted photos must have been taken by the participant. The entire legal responsibility of copyright infringement that may arise if the images of someone else is used as it is or partially belongs to the participant. On the photograph that he sent to the contest, the violation of the rule is applied about the person who makes all kinds of interventions and changes in order to show him/her as his/her own even though the work is not his/her own and to mislead the evaluation committee. The awards, titles and all kinds of achievements of the participants who are found to have violated the rules are taken back. The space of the award that has been canceled is left blank. The situation is reported to FIAP. If the awarded prize has already been delivered to the participant, it must be returned.
• Sanctions under Article 13 of the “TFSF National and International Competition Regulatory Standards Directive” are applied to persons who violate the rules. Awards, titles and all kinds of achievements of the participant are taken back. The location of the award that has been canceled is left blank. The situation is reported to FIAP. If the awarded prize has already been delivered to the participant, it must be returned.
•The photographers who are restricted by TFSF and on the FIAP’s red list, cannot participate in this contest.
• The organizer determines and eliminates the participants who are restricted by TFSF and on the FIAP’s red list before the jury evaluation.
• By participating in a contest with FIAP patronage, the participant, regardless of whether he/she is a FIAP member or not, will be deemed to have previously accepted that the photographs sent to the contest can be determined in accordance with FIAP rules and definitions; FIAP can do this research using all the possibilities and techniques it has. In the event that the participant does not provide the necessary information requested from him/her, does not give the original file taken with the camera or does not cooperate with FIAP for the solution of the problem, the participant is banned by FIAP on the grounds that he violated the rule and his name is displayed in every way. It is recommended that the EXIF data of the photos submitted to the contest is kept intact to facilitate possible investigations.
• The organizer may request the original files of the photographs that have been awarded and / or accepted.
• All participants will be informed by e-mail of a result of the contest.
• The awards of all winners will be sent to their addresses by mail. SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB or IFSAK will not be held responsible if the prizes sent are damaged or lost in the mail.
COMPLIANCE WITH PSA CONDITIONS:
• The contest is open to everyone, but the organizer has the right not to accept applications that it deems not complied with this photo contest rules and conditions.
• The photos of a participant will not be shown to the jury altogether. Four photographs of the participant will come to the jury separately for each section. During this distribution, the submission sequence of the photos by the participant will be taken into consideration.
• The participants who do not accept their photographs to be exhibited or to be shown in a photo show after the contest, will be eliminated from the contest.
• Each photo must have a name.
Once a photo has been accepted into a PSA approved contest, in camera or reproduction copy of that photo or photo cannot enter another contest in the Division Star Ratings class of PSA - including translation - cannot participate in another name.
• The color and monochorome versions of the same photograph should be named with the same name.
• A photo cannot be called “Untitled” or “No Title” or “No Name”.
• A photo that will participate in the Star classifications of PSA must be entered in only one of the sections of the competition.
• PSA reserves the right to review complaints, suspicious status notifications, violations of the rules in the specification, and to cancel the acceptance and rewards, if necessary, that it does not comply with the PSA requirements. PSA also reports such situations to FIAP. The participant is deemed to have accepted these conditions and to assist in any investigation by participating in this contest.
PUBLICATION AND COPYRIGHT (USE) RIGHT:
• The awarded and accepted photos will be stored in the SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB archive, provided that the names of the photographers are specified. SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB will have the right to use them in all kinds of news broadcasting, promotional and social responsibility projects. No royalties will be paid (no name can be used in graphical works such as collage with photos). The right of use of the works will be with the owner of the work and SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB.
• All sides of the image must be photographed by the participant and the participant must be the copyright owner of all the works he/she submits.
• The participant is the owner of the work pursuant to the Law No. 5846 on Intellectual and Artistic Works (“FSEK”) and other relevant legal regulations, and that all works (“Artifacts”) he/she created, belonging to him/her, belong to all his/her rights; The work is an original work; within the scope of the legislation that he owns works alone. The participant accepts, declares and consents that his/her Artifact maybe used in all or a part of Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club, Rotary 2420 District Federation, IFSAK and TFSF on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other social media channels) accounts and / or in all kinds of media that will determined unilaterally by Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club. The participant will not claim any royalties or any other fees for such uses.
• The participant accepts, declares, and undertakes that the work he / she sent submitted to the contest is entirely his/her own and that all necessary permissions have been obtained. The participant also accepts, declares and undertakes that third parties have no right on his/her photos, he/she will be the direct addressee of any request from any third parties and is/will be responsible to third parties; In the event that the Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or İFSAK is in any way damaged due to any liability, having to make any payment, and using the artifact, the participant accepts, declares and undertakes by reading and accepting this rule that he/she will compensate Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or IFSAK’s loss immediately, in cash and in advance. Istanbul Suadiye Rotary Club Association or IFSAK will not be responsible for any disputes that may arise in this regard.
• In accordance with the purpose of the contest, the participant gives permission to use the submitted works in a printed or digital catalog. If the participant specifically declares that he/she has not given this permission, then it will be acted according to copyright laws.
• According to the rules of the contest, the reproduction of the works is allowed to be included in the printed or digital catalog, unless explicitly prohibited by the owner. In this regard, the rules on copyright must be followed. Under no circumstances does SUADIYE ROTARY CLUB allows the use of photographs for other purposes.
• The organizer assumes that the people who appear on the photos that are submitted to the contest, allow their photos to be taken and sent to a contest, and to publish the photo on the internet and in printed media. Therefore, all responsibility regarding the disputes that may arise due to the aforementioned uses belongs to the participant.
• Lists of the photographs that will receive awards, honorable mentions and acceptance will be published on the websites www.suadiyerotary.org and https://www.ifsak.org.tr/istanbul-suadiye-rotary-ifsak-2nd-photo-contest/ , Suadiye Rotary Club’s Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc.). In addition, the list of photos that will receive awards and honorable mentions and the photos that will be accepted, will be published on the websites www.tfsf.org.tr and www.tfsfonayliyarismalar.org and on the Social Media (Facebook, instagram, twitter etc.) accounts of TFSF and the TFSF publication will take place in Almanak 2022.
• The photos that will receive no awards and acceptance in the contest will be deleted in 90 (ninety) days from the date of the Result Notification Date.
• In matters not specified in the rules and conitions or in cases that cannot be understood, the decisions of the President of the Contest and the TFSF Board of Directors and the TFSF U/UA Competition Regulation Standards Directives will apply.
• The participants are deemed to have accepted the conditions of the competition by signing up to http://www.photocompentries.net/?org=ifsak and uploading their photos. The rules and conditions come into force when the participant submits the photos to the contest. Upon participation, the competitors are deemed to have read and accepted the provisions of the rules and conditions. The participants do not have the right to object to the provisions of these rules and conditions afterwards.
By the end of February 2022, a digital album with the lists of awards, honorable mentions and accepted photographs will be prepared and published on www.suadiyerotary.org and https://www.ifsak.org.tr/istanbul-suadiye-rotary-ifsak-2nd-photo-contest/ .
By participating in this contest, the participants agree that they allow SUADİYE ROTARY CLUB to store, process and use their personal information related to this contest, including the email addresses. The participants also allow this information to be sent to organizations that have approved this contest (IFSAK, TFSF, PSA, FIAP). By entering this contest, the participants agree that thier information about themselves and the results of the contest will be open to the public.
IFSAK Approval No: 2022-01
TFSF Approval No : 2022-007
FIAP Approval No : 2022-050
PSA Approval No. : 2022-046
Acceptions and awards received can be used in PSA and FIAP title applications.
GO BACK TO
THE PREVIOUS PAGE